Several About.com Guides on the hobbies channel have been working together to create an easy way for people to find beginner-level info on a variety of different hobbies and crafts. Throughout this week, we’re each blogging about our recommendations for how to get started in our particular areas of expertise.
Personally, I’ve enjoyed every craft I’ve ever tried, and I’ve tried most of them on the list below. Crochet was the first craft I ever got serious about. I don’t even remember how old I was when I got started with it — maybe 6 or 7 years old? So, I am now thirtysomething (haha) and have been crocheting for quite awhile.
Perhaps you’ve never given any thought to learning how to crochet. Has anyone ever explained to you how much fun it is? Or how relaxing it is? Or how easy it is? Or how affordable it is to get started with? Maybe not. Well, I recently wrote a new article: “Is Crochet the Right Craft for You?” The article provides basic considerations you should know about before getting started.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to crochet, this is a fantastic time to jump in and give it a try.
If you’ve been following this blog for awhile now, you already know that I like to crochet, knit, rubber stamp, make jewelry, and dance. If you think you’d like to get started with any of those hobbies, or others, I can highly recommend the tips and advice provided by my colleagues at About.com:
Crafts and Hobbies 101:
- Rubber Stamping – Start Rubber Stamping
- Painting – Why Not Paint?
- Dance – Learn How to Dance
- Miniatures – Working with Miniatures
- Collectibles – Ten Tips to Start Collecting
- Knitting – Getting Started Knitting
- Crochet – Is Crochet the Right Hobby for You?
- Jewelry Making – Getting Started with Jewelry Making
- Model Trains – Get Started With Model Trains
- Contests and Sweepstakes – Getting Started with Sweepstakes Part 1: Entering Online Sweepstakes
Hope you’ll make good use of the information! Happy “hobbying”! 🙂